TUESDAY, JUNE 6, 2017
Getting old sucks…. but I”m fighting it! Thanks #thegarage864!
Remember my dirty gutters from yesterday? Well, this is my favorite solution. I love the iRobot gutter cleaner!!! I got it years ago and it’s still going strong. Love, love, love it!!!
In response to requests, here is my basic Tomato Pie Recipe
Note: I use this as a general guideline. Often experiment and use whatever cheese I have on hand. And varieties of tomatoes.
Deep dish pie crust,
2 tomatoes (approximately)
1/2 cup onions
1/2 tsp chives
1/2 tsp basil
1 cup extra sharp cheddar cheese
1/4 cup Duke’s mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 350°. Toast pie crust in oven prior to filling.
- Slice tomatoes. Put on paper towels, salt & pepper, cover in paper towels. Let sit at least 30 minutes to remove moisture
- Lightly brown onions, basil, chives in skillet with small amount of butter. Add basil and chives.
- Mix together the cheese and the mayonnaise. Add the onion mixture.
- Put a good layer of tomatoes in the bottom of the pie crust. Top with the cheese mixture.
- Cook in oven for 50 minutes.
Not a huge fan of Mimosa trees, but this little bloom caught my eye!